Measuring at just under 7 meters high and 8 meters wide, the Komatsu 830E is a leader in the 240-tonne class.
Australian owned and operated private company, National Plant & Equipment are excited to be welcoming an addition of twelve immediately available new haul trucks; Komatsu 830E electric drive into their extensive heavy equipment fleet this July.
Measuring at just under 7 meters high and 8 meters wide, the Komatsu 830E is a leader in the 240-tonne class mining truck where companies using this equipment experience one of the lowest cost per tonne operations.
The arrival of twelve new Komatsu 830Es is fairly uncommon in Australia and as such has created quite a stir in the market.
“Despite being in high demand, these trucks are extremely difficult to come by in Australia due to their size and cost of acquisition” Mark Ackroyd, CEO of National Plant & Equipment explains.
In what is an impressive procurement, the fleet of twelve dump trucks are expected to arrive at the Port of Brisbane in July where an equally impressive arrangement of heavy haulage vehicles and low loaders, including 10 line steerable drake trailers, will be waiting to transport the dump trucks to National Plant & Equipment’s yard in Yatala.
It is at the yard in Yatala, where the dump trucks will be assembled, within a month, by an experienced team of 20 personnel on what will be a 24/7 project, all of which will be captured for a time lapse production.
“With the interest that the purchase of this equipment has amassed, we wanted to give the industry a rare insight into what it takes to assemble these sizeable dump trucks” said Mark.
“This is one of the largest simultaneous equipment builds that our team will have accomplished, especially on a tight timeframe,” Mark continues.
In what will be no easy feat, having twelve 8-meter wide dump trucks in various stages of assembly, the staff of National Plant & Equipment are ready to take on the challenge.
ABOUT KOMATSU 830E
- Maximum gvw 385848 kg 850,650 lb
- Gross horsepower 1865 kw 2,500 hp
- 7.30m wide x 6.88m high
- Powered by a komatsu sda16v160 engine, the general electric drive system provides efficient transfer of the power to the ground while demonstrating low fuel consumption and excellent reliability.
- The dynamic retarding provides the greatest braking efficiency in the industry, utilizing advanced logic including retard speed control.
- The modern operators cab is fully rops/fops certified and designed for maximum operator comfort.